NOTICE OF DEPUTY SHERIFF EMPLOYMENT OPENING
Tuesday, 12 November 2013 16:22
The Millard County Sheriff’s Office is currently creating an employment roster for Corrections and Law Enforcement Certified Deputy Sheriff positions. This roster may be used to fill current and future employment openings with the Millard County Sheriff’s Office. These Deputies perform correctional and law enforcement duties for the citizens of Millard County and the State of Utah under Utah Code and Sheriff’s Office Policy & Procedures.
Positions description includes, but is not limited to:
- Scheduled shift work and weekends
- Subject to call-outs and emergencies
- Perform correctional duties in 107 bed jail (corrections)
- Perform law enforcement duties (law enforcement)
- Perform investigative, evidentiary, reporting, and testimony functions
- Interact with other law enforcement, State & Federal agencies
- Work within existing State & Federal law, case law & policies
- Submit to and pass random drug testing
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 21 years of age or older
- High School graduate or equivalent
- U.S. citizen at time of employment
- Completed Sheriff’s Office employment application
- Possess valid Utah Driver License
- Successfully pass National Police Officer Selection Test (http://post.utah.gov/prospective/entrance_exam.htm)
- Successfully pass Millard County pre-employment physical testing
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screening
- Successfully pass background check
- May be required to pass pre-employment firearms qualification test
Preference may be given to applicants with current Utah Corrections or Peace Officer certification. Successful applicants not currently certified as Corrections or Peace Officers will be trained. Applications are available at www.millardsheriff.org, or in person at the Millard County Sheriff’s Office, 765 South Hwy 99 Fillmore, Utah 84631. Salary will be determined by the Sheriff and County Commission based on current policies.
Closing date for this application will be 5:00 pm November 29, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be accepted. Applicants will be notified by mail of applicable testing dates, times, and locations.
Millard County is an equal opportunity employer
|Con-artists are not always easy to spot. Smart, extremely persuasive, and aggressive, they invade your home through the telephone and the mail, advertise in reputable newspapers and magazines, and come to your door. Most people think they’re too smart to fall for a scam. But con artists rob all kinds of people from investment counselors and doctors to teenagers and elderly widows of billions every year. It’s up to you to say NO. Use common sense and learn about old and new scams.