.
Home
FILLMORE STRUCTURE FIRE - DECEMBER 11, 2013
Thursday, 12 December 2013 16:50

On December 11, 2013 at 01:04 AM Millard County Sheriff's Dispatch received a report of a structure fire at 655 North Main Street #1 in Fillmore.  Fillmore Fire was dispatched along with Millard County Sheriffs Deputies. 

Deputies were first on scene and found the house filled with smoke.  66 year old Claudia McDonald was assisted out of the residence, due to medical issues.  A short time later, she became unconscious and went into cardiac arrest.  CPR was initiated by Deputies and Fire Personnel. Millard County Ambulance arrived and CPR continued.  McDonald was transported to Fillmore Community Medical Center where she later passed away due to complications from smoke inhalation.  The home owner and a Millard County Deputy were also treated for smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fillmore Fire Department determined the fire to have been caused by an electrical problem on the motor in the furnace.

 

Safe Tip

Think carefully before buying a firearm for protection. Guns can be stolen and sold to anyone, or captured and used on you or the police. If you do own a gun, keep it locked up with the ammunition secured separately and learn how to use it safely.

© 2014 Millard County Sheriff's Office