UTAH DIVISION OF FORESTRY, FIRE AND STATE LANDS
The Position of
FIRE TECHNICIAN III ( Millard County Fire Warden )
OPENING DATE: 1-21-2015
CLOSING DATE: 2-27-2015
Salary Range: $16.50 to $24.79
The Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands has one full-time position available in Millard County. This position is a funding limited assignment with full benefits. Successful candidates will be required to reside within Millard County. Work schedule will include weekends and holidays.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
The Millard County Fire Warden is responsible to:
· Provide initial attack on all wildland fires occurring on state and private land in Millard County.
· Remains on call at all times during the wildland fire season and responds to fires when needed.
· Supervise assisting resources during attack on wildland fires.
· Be responsible for and maintain assigned vehicle and equipment.
· Be a liaison for Millard County and the State of Utah to federal agencies in all wildland fire matters within the county.
· Coordinate wildland fire training for the volunteer fire departments in the assigned counties.
· Speak in public meetings from time to time as needed to promote wildland fire considerations.
· Complete reports and documentation in a timely manner.
· Care for and efficiently operate office and office equipment.
· Oversee the federal excess properties issued within the county.
· Issue burning permits for burning projects in the unincorporated area of the counties.
· Promote fire prevention and mitigation projects within the unincorporated areas of the counties.
· Design and carry out many tasks independently.
· Carry out other tasks assigned by supervisor.
· Exert arduous effort in a fire environment consisting of exposure to various terrain, weather, smoke, and fire conditions for extended periods of time.
· Work odd hours, weekends and evenings as needed.
The Millard County Fire Warden must have the following skills or qualifications:
· NWCG ENGB and ICT4. (Position may be under-filled at the discretion of the hiring board)
· Familiar with operating a computer including spreadsheets, word processors, e-mail and internet.
· Comfortable making public presentations.
· Capable as a teacher in a classroom environment in setting up and teaching NWCG classes.
· Ability to provide clear leadership during fire suppression.
· Ability to cooperate with other governmental agencies and private organizations.
· Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervisory direction.
· Ability to lift heavy loads and sustain demanding physical exertion for extended periods of time.
· Must pass the aerobic pack test at the arduous level as established by the National Wildland Coordination Group prior to employment and annually thereafter.
· Must provide and pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must have a high school diploma
Send résumés to: Utah Forestry Fire and State Lands
Attn: Fred Johnson
1139 N Centennial Park Dr
Richfield, UT 84701
Or email to:
Phone: 435 896 5697
DNR complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Hearing impaired employees who wish further information regarding this announcement may call the DNR TTY number at 538-7458. Disabled employees who desire reasonable accommodation in the interview process should contact the DNR Human Resource Office at 538-7210.